On June 1, 2021, the State of Vermont Enhanced 911 Board began an outreach program to help ensure the data in the Vermont CARE program remains current. Existing CARE registrants can expect to receive an e-mail or a phone call from an Enhanced 911 Board staff member to confirm the information we have is still accurate.
Would You Need Help in a Disaster?
CARE (Citizens Assistance Registry for Emergencies)
Emergencies can take many forms. Ice storms, floods, fires, major traffic accidents, and similar events can cause power outages, isolate individuals, or prompt the need for evacuation. For elders, or for people with certain disabilities, such events, if prolonged, can become life-threatening if no one is available to help.
CARE was created to help. CARE’s key partners are the Vermont Enhanced 911 Board, Vermont Emergency Management, United Ways of Vermont, and Vermont 211. These agencies have worked together to provide a means for emergency responders to identify and aid CARE registrants in the event of a wide-scale emergency.
If you or someone you know might need special help in such an emergency, please complete the online registration below.
- CARE is designed to be used by emergency responders to assist registrants in a disaster. It is up to the emergency responders to decide when and how to use it.
- Your registration with CARE does not guarantee your safety.
- You will still be responsible for contacting emergency personnel should you feel you are in danger.
- By completing this registration, you understand that all groups involved in helping to keep you safe in an emergency may have access to your registration information.
- If you move, or your needs change, please contact the Enhanced 911 Board to arrange an update to your registration information. If you registered online, make sure you log in and make any necessary updates to your account.
- You may be contacted each year to confirm/update your registration.
If you are unable to register using the online registration, the CARE form found here may be printed, completed and mailed to: State of Vermont Enhanced 911 Board, 6 Baldwin St., 2nd FL, Montpelier, VT 05633-7960.
Instructions for Online Registration (Please review prior to registering.)
I am now ready to complete the online registration process, click here.